There's always a time in life when you need to a move to anew place. For that reason, I'm sharing a funny list post with some advice to make the process of moving out easier than it actually seems! Lets get started :)
- Pay rent to your parents or offer to pay one of the services,
- Save the 20% of your income as if you were already paying your own place with everything that comes with it.
- Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.
- Pack the items you'll need first in a clear plastic bin.
- Wrap your breakables in clothing to save on bubble wrap.
- For extra padding, pack your glasses in clean socks.
- In addition to labelling what's in your boxes, add what room they'll be going to.
- If you can, show up to your new home before the move and pre-clean kitchen and bathroom.
- Place an extra cotton pad ball into powder cosmetics to keep them from breaking.
- Cover the openings of your toiletries with saran wrap, then put the tops back on.
- Pack plates vertically, they'll be less likely to break.
- Keep drawers intact by covering them with press 'n seal.
- Press 'n seal is also great for keeping jewerly displays intact.
- Buy a roll of stretch wrap.
- Take a photo of how electronics are connected.
- Cut down on boxes by making all your baskets, laundry baskets, hampers and suitcases work for you.
- Make sure everything is completely packed before your friends show up to move.
- Enlist the color coding system that best works for you.
- If renting, take photos before and after moving in.
- Fill the nail holes with a bar of soap.
- Change your address at least two weeks prior to moving.
- Make your last grocery trip two weeks prior to moving.
- Remember to defrost your refrigerator at least a day before moving and wipe up any liquid.
I hope these tips may help you when you move out. Do you have any other tips for moving out? Share them in the comments below!